BioIdentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Jessie Cheung, MD Dermatology & Laser Center offers Bioidentical Hormone Replacement in NYC for men and women in need of a safe and effective treatment for hormone imbalances without harmful side effects.
Hormone imbalances are extremely common in both men and women over the age of 30. Symptoms include mood swings, exhaustion, lack of libido, mental fog, sleep issues, weight gain and more.
What is Bioidentical Hormone Replacement?
At our NYC office, BioTe Hormone Pellet Therapy is a safe and effective treatment for hormone imbalances without the harmful side effects. Bioidentical hormone therapy has been proven to reduce the risk of breast cancer, osteoporosis, heart disease and Alzheimer’s.
Who is a Candidate for Hormone Replacement?
Bloodwork must be done to ensure that you are a candidate for hormone therapy. Most patients who are symptomatic are revealed to have low levels of hormones on their blood tests.
At Jessie Cheung, MD Dermatology & Laser Center, we provided a comprehensive blood work analysis to test if you are a candidate.
Symptoms of Hormone Imbalances
- Low Energy and/or Fatigue
- Brain Fog / Lack of Mental Acuity
- Moodiness, Irritability, and Anxiousness
- Low or Complete Lack of Libido
- Weight Gain, Especially Belly Fat, or Inability to Lose Weight
- Sleep Issues
- Loss of Desire to Exercise
- Hair Loss
- Joint Pain
- Breast Development in Men
How does BioTe Hormone Pellet Therapy work?
Pellets are usually placed in the fatty tissue over the hip. This is a quick procedure that is done with a local numbing injection, and there are no stitches, just a small bandage.
After pellet placement, your body will grow blood vessels to pull the hormones into your circulation. Your blood levels will be checked a few weeks after, to make sure that your body is getting adequate hormone levels.
Benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
- Minimal Side Effects – This therapy is the most effective treatment for hormone imbalance without the side effects associated with other treatment methods.
- Natural Replacement – This treatment uses hormones derived from natural plant sources to replicate the body’s normal hormonal levels instead of synthetic or animal-based alternatives.
- For Men & Women – Bioidentical Hormone Replacement therapy is an excellent treatment for both men and women suffering from estrogen and/or testosterone imbalances.
- Consistent Results – Unlike oral therapy or topical creams, Bioidentical hormone pellets provide sustained hormone levels for three to as many as four or five months; consistently and evenly.
How will someone feel after hormone replacement therapy?
Most patients notice a change within a few weeks. Symptoms of hormone imbalance will start to improve. Patients report that they feel more energy and focus, are less irritable, less achey, sleep better, and wake up refreshed.
Bioidentical hormone optimization allows people to age healthier and live happier. Balanced levels are protective of the brain, breasts, heart, and bones.
Risks of Hormone Replacement
There is no increased risk of breast, uterine, or prostate cancer on bioidentical hormone pellets. There may be some soreness or bruising after the pelleting procedure that can last for a few days.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are experiencing any symptoms of hormone imbalance, you may need hormone replacement therapy from Jessie Cheung, MD Dermatology & Laser Center. Contact our NYC office at (312) 971-6902 to schedule a consultation.