What is Botox?
Botox is an FDA approved injectable that temporarily improves the appearance of an aging face. Botox treats crow’s feet around the eyes and frown lines between the eyebrows. Our patients experience visible results for up to six months after treatment.
Jessie Cheung, MD Dermatology & Laser Center in New York City offers Botox for both men and women who want to restore their youthfulness, relax visible signs of aging, and refresh their appearance.
Who is a Good Candidate for Botox?
Botox is a great treatment for anyone who notices wrinkles while animating their face, or even at rest. Botox will prevent the wrinkles from getting deeper and etched in.
What should I expect during the Botox treatment?
The Botox treatment is quick and has minimal discomfort and no downtime. After an assessment of your face, a series of small injections into the muscles is performed. After that, you’re good to go!
How Botox Works
Botox cosmetic was created to target the underlying causes of fine lines and crow’s feet. These signs of aging appear due to repeated muscle contractions from frowning and squinting over the years. These folds that are created are known as dynamic wrinkles and only appear when you make facial expressions.
Over time, these dynamic wrinkles become static wrinkles. This means that these fine lines and/or wrinkles are seen when your face is relaxed. Botox cosmetic tackles static wrinkles that appear on the face, specifically around the eyes and between the eyebrows. Botox injections will temporarily reduce the muscle activity, reducing the appearance of these folds.
Since 2002, nearly 11 million doses of Botox have been performed in the United States. Millions of people choose Botox as part of their beauty regimen.
How Many Botox Injections Will I Need?
The number of injections required varies by the size of the muscles. The crow’s feet can be treated with as few as three injections, while a forehead can require four or ten injection sites.
Benefits of Botox
Botox is a great treatment for reducing fine lines and wrinkles. Some benefits of the injectable include:
- Quick Treatment – Botox is known as the lunch hour wrinkle remedy. Stop into our NYC office on your lunch break to smooth out your fine lines in only 10 minutes.
- Painless – Patients experience little to no downtime after Botox treatment. The injection feels like a small pinch.
- For Men & Women – Women aren’t the only ones wanting to look for youthful. Dr. Jessie Cheung offers botox for both men and women at her NYC office.
- Non-invasive – Botox is a noninvasive injectable safely performed by a medical professional at our Manhattan office. No surgery is necessary to get a more youthful look.
- Transformative Results – Patients will start to notice results within 24 to 48 hours for moderate to sever frown lines. These results can last up to 4 months.
Botox vs. Dermal Fillers
Botox is used to prevent wrinkles from developing, as muscles get larger and pull on the overlying skin. Dermal Fillers are injected to areas of hollowing and drooping to lift and re-contour the face, as we lose volume in our face with age. With proper placement, Dermal Fillers will improve the reflection of light and remove shadows to reveal a more youthful appearance.
Botox Side Effects
Botox is used cosmetically for the small muscles of the face. When used properly, Botox has minimal side effects. The aggressive use of Botox can result in your eyebrows feeling heavy or even a droopy eyelid.